Dimensional Expressions 2020 Call for Artists
6th Annual National Juried Show
Eligibility: The exhibition is open to all artists; all work must be three-dimensional.
Entry Link: https://forms.gle/fwbKUekR2NYqqP2UA
• Limit three works per artist; all work must be for sale.
• All entries must be submitted online, up to two images per entry, including one close-up if desired.
• All 3-D media are eligible; work must be original and completed within the last three years. No work completed as part of a guided workshop will be considered.
• Email images to: email@example.com . No printed photographs.
* File name must be constructed:
artist name_title of artwork_medium_size_#of photo
File size not to exceed 1600 pixels in longest dimension. Photo files not meeting these standards will be returned to artist for correction.
* Image quality can determine acceptance or rejection.
• Accepted works should be accompanied by an artist’s statement. Attach to the work: artist’s name, title of work, price and medium. Works shipped to ADG must be in a returnable container and have return address label and postage included. ADG will return-ship artwork within seven days of close of exhibit.
• All wall-hanging or free-hanging work must be 30 pounds or less and ready to hang with hanging wire as appropriate. No saw-tooth hangers.
• The gallery will provide pedestals; however, work requiring special display must be accompanied by display stand or other requirements.
A non-refundable fee must accompany the application. Make checks payable to: Artful Dimensions Gallery. Pay by credit card through PayPal using the links below. Please note our fee schedule:
• $25 for first work, $10 for each additional work entered.
• ADG members: $15 for first work, $5 for each additional work.
Prizes:Prize selection by the juror will be made after the exhibit is installed. First Prize $150; Second Prize $100; Third Prize $75; People’s Choice Award $50 (awarded First Friday opening); ; up to two Honorable Mentions, $25 each.
Deadline: February 28, 2020, 4pm
All submissions must be received by the deadline. All work must remain on display for the duration of the exhibit.
• ADG reserves the right to reject from exhibition works accepted by the juror due to the content, inability to properly install the work, or the quality of the work after actual observation.
• No substitutions permitted. Only works accepted by the juror will be displayed in the gallery or considered for awards.
• A 30% donation of sale price is required of all sales.
• By submitting work for entry, artist agrees to allow representations of work to be shown and reproduced for publicity purposes.
• By submitting work the artist understands that ADG is not responsible for any loss or damage to the artwork. ADG takes reasonable care to protect it.
• All unsold work will be picked up on April 26 or 27 as noted in the calendar below. Because of storage space limitations, all work remaining after May 11, 2020 will become the property of Artful Dimensions Gallery, unless prior emergency arrangements are made. If anyone other than the artist is to make the pickup, notification by the artist via email must be made in advance. Persons picking up for the artist must have identification.
Dimensional Expressions April 2020 Exhibition Calendar:
February 28, 4pm ………..Entry deadline for all forms, fees, email submission of work.
March 7 …………………………Entries juried.
March 14 ….. …………………Notifications sent by email.
March 27 – 30 ………………Accepted work due at Artful Dimensions Gallery between 11 and 6pm each day.
April 3,…………………………..Reception and cash awards between 6 and 9pm. People’s Choice Award at 8:45 pm.
April 26 …………………………Exhibition closes 4pm. Artists may pick up unsold work between 11 and 6 pm.
April 26-27 …………………..Artists may pick up unsold work between 11 and 6 pm.
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org • 540-899-6319
Kevin McCluskey is an Associate Professor and costume designer in the Department of Theatre and Dance at the University of Mary Washington. He is a teaching artist with a 25-year career including designs for opera, musical theatre, dance, and non-musical theatre. A life of fabric drew him to art dolls as an outlet for non-theatrical design. He has been a member both of Artful Dimensions and Liberty Town. In 2010 his solo show at Liberty Town featured 15 of his dolls. He holds an MFA in costume design from Indiana University, with additional study at the Academy of Fine Arts in Prague.
Artful Dimensions is a non-profit corporation and all funds are used to offset program and operational costs.